illustrator homework #1

Emily Van Kirk

illustrator homework

February 21, 2022


 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45XTEVY29IE

This first video above is about the magic wand tool in illustrator. I think the magic wand tool seems fairly easy to use. It allows people to make quick edits to pictures and illustrations without having to find each object manually. Using the magic wand, users can easily select and mask certain portions of a image. I feel that the magic wand would be easy because the whole point of it is to make things easier for the user. I can see myself using the tool to select sections of my project to quickly edit them. I found the video interesting because I didn't know this tool existed and I think its really convenient when trying to make quick edits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cik1Ed9gzLE

The second tutorial I found is on the pen tool. I think that the pen tool will be easy to use when we use it in class. The tutorial explains how one you have the pen tool activated all you have to do is click to make anchor points. I think I could use the pen tool when trying to create my own shapes and lines by hand. The tool also allows users to add anchor points to previous lines which gives yet other area and point to work off of which I think would be incredibly useful. I found this video interesting because I wasn't aware that we were able to freehand things when working in illustrator and that you are able to click and move anchor points or click and delete anchor points. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx7VKoJyqLo

The third tutorial I found is on the paintbrush tool. I think the paintbrush tool will be easy to use and seems to be similar to the pen tool. The tutorial explains how users are able to change the fidelity of the paths depending on how rough you want your design to look. I can see myself using the paintbrush tool in illustrator to create paths that look more handmade. I think it will come in handy when trying to give my projects a artistic look. I found it was interesting that you are able to set parameters on where you can use the paintbrush tool.

Comments

Popular Posts