Calligram project



Artist Statement:

Est time: 2 hours 


    I liked this project far better than the coding project. I was able to make images far easier in illustrator than on the coding assignment. I created flowers and a big sun to show that I have a bright future ahead of me. This project in total probably took me about 2 hours.

    I didn't have any true inspiration for this project I just knew I wanted to do flowers and a big sun. I made the sun using the star tool and making it have more points. The sunburst aspect I created was made doing the same just instead of adding points, I made them longer. For the pink flower I also used the star tool and for the purple flower I used the polygon tool but altered it to make the shape look like it does. I drew the pedals on the flowers using the paintbrush tool and I like how nothing else is drawn in my picture. I used the pencil tool to draw the stems of the flowers and then used the type on path tool to put sentences in them. As for the "hills" at the bottom of my picture I used the curvature tool and again the type on path tool to add the words. Lastly, I added words in my sunburst by using the type tool. 

    Overall, I am happy with the way my image came out. This is again a program I have never used and went into this unit completely unsure of how I was going to be able to create anything. I can see myself using illustrator in the future for my career so I think this project was helpful.


Letter to Future Self:


 Dear Emily, 

Hi! How are you? I'm writing this to you from the past. As of today, you are 18 years old and writing this for your digital media classAs I'm writing this I have my whole future ahead of me. I have not even completed a year of college let alone have any idea what I want to do in the future. 

Do you remember Greek week? Tonight, was the dodgeball competition. Delta Gamma and Phi Delt (the frat we are paired with) came in sixth place which is practically last, but it's okay we are 2nd overall! Did you end up ever dropping your sorority? I know it is a big time commitment. Spring break is in two weeks and im so excited! I'm starting off the week with Syd, your roommate who I'm sure you remember, are you still in touch? Anyways were going to Myrtle beach and I cant wait! After we get back im going to Cailfornia to see Allie at San Diego State! I'm so excited I've never been to either! 

Do you have kids, a job, a husband? How are mom and dad doing? Are you and mom still best friends? What’s Thatcher up to? Do you have a cat? Or is your husband a dog person so you caved. I have so many questions and I hope they all have good answers. 

I hope whatever you're doing or wherever you are you're happy. It feels weird writing to my future self, 20 years is such a long time from now...I haven't even lived for 20 years yet. I hope your next few years of college were good for you and that you were kind to yourself.  

As I'm writing this I have no idea what my plans for the future are. I don’t really have any goals for myself in 20 years besides to have a job, hopefully a family, and healthy parents and brother. I'm not sure what you are doing right now or what your life truly looks like at all. But I hope that you are thriving. 

Love you! 

Emily 

Final Project:







Comments

Popular Posts