self portrait poster


Artist Statement:

Est time: 5 hours 


    Along with the logo project I liked this one. I found my self getting addicted to using the program and making my self portrait. I definitely struggled at first, but I eventually got the hang of it and it got easier. This project was far more time consuming than I expected, but overall I enjoyed getting to make my own propaganda poster.

    My poster is a play on words for the "chick-fil-a" slogan, "eat moR chicken". My poster encourages people to "eat moR plants" because become vegetarian because it is better for the environment. I am vegetarian and it is something I take super seriously and is important to me which is why I chose to make my poster about it. To make my self portrait and poster I switched back and forth between the pen tool and the curvature tool and then I filled them in with color. For the propaganda poster I tried finding a font similar to chick-fil-a's and then I used the pen tool to make the pot and I drew the plants with the pencil tool.

    Overall, I am happy with the way my poster and portrait came out. This project really pushed me to become comfortable with the program and I had fun playing around on it. I can see myself using illustrator in the future for my career and I think it will be useful to know how to trace things to make pictures. I think with more practice I could make something better and more coherent. 





original picture






Poster 




Self Portrait 

 






Comments

Popular Posts